Employment Practices Liability Insurance
Claims involving employment issues comprise a significant amount of today’s civil litigation. No organization is immune from employment practices liability litigation, least of all law firms. Chubb's ABA Employers Edge℠ offers a solution to your law firm’s employment practices liability (EPL) exposures. Through the ABA Insurance program, members have access to ABA Employers Edge. A comprehensive, stand-alone EPL insurance policy designed exclusively for the law firm community and is complemented by Chubb’s superior claims-handling and risk management services.
Employment Practices Liability Insurance for Law Firms - ABA Employers Edge
- Broad coverage for claims brought by partners and for claims for failure to make partner, and also includes: Punitive damages coverage
- Third-party coverage
- Independent contractor, leased employee and volunteer coverage
- Punitive damages coverage, where insurable by law.
- Defense expenses coverage for breach of written employment contract claims.
- No "intentional acts" exclusion, subject to applicable state law.
- Advancement of defence expenses on a current basis prior to the disposition of a claim.
- Broad definition of "Employment Practices Wrongful Act." Chubb's policy form includes coverage for actual or alleged wrongful termination, discrimination, harassment, retaliation, third-party discrimination, third-party harassment, and other workplace torts.
- Access to ChubbWorks, a free, online resource available for customers seeking assistance with employment issues.
- Loss Prevention Consultant Services through Chubb’s network offering specialized services designed to help create customized solutions for employment issues.
For more information about ABA Employers Edge℠ offered by Chubb, please call 1-855-874-0811 or fill out the form above.