USI Affinity, Inc. ("USI"), has created this website at www.abainsurance.com (the "Website" or the "Site") on behalf of the American Bar Association (the "ABA") to provide information about the insurance protection available for ABA members and their families.
- 2. The Types of Information You May Provide. Information you may provide (or that we may collect from you) through the Website falls into two broad categories: (i) personally identifiable information, and (ii) anonymous information. We use the term "Personally Identifiable Information" to mean any information that could reasonably be used to identify you, including your name, address, e-mail address, birth date, financial information, photograph, telephone number, social media contact information, or any combination of information that could be used to identify you. "Anonymous Information" is information that does not identify you, and may include statistical information concerning, for example, your use of our Services, your access to content of our Participants, or the pages on our Site that you visit most frequently.
- 3. Site Visitors Only Provide Anonymous Information. Our Site is specifically designed so that Site Visitors do not provide us with Personally Identifiable Information. Site Visitors may access the pages of our Site without submitting any information to us. In that case, the only information we collect from your visit will be Anonymous Information that does not identify you in any way. Our obligations concerning, and permitted uses of, Anonymous Information are set out below in Section 5 (Anonymous, Aggregate Information).
- 4. Our Use of Personally Identifiable Information. We will only share Personally Identifiable Information that Participants provide to us via the Website with third parties as expressly disclosed in this Policy or our Terms. We collect information from Participants at different points on our Website and through our Services, and use this information as follows:
- 4.1. Life Insurance Quotes. In order to obtain a life insurance quote, we may collect information to assist us in contacting you and to assist in generating the quote, which may include such items as: (i) first and last name; (ii) email address; (iii) phone number; (iv) zip code; (v) birth year; and (vi) the best time to contact you. The information you provide in connection with requesting a quote is only used by USI for the purpose of providing the requested quote. We may ask you to confirm that we can contact you via email or at the phone number you provide using autodialed calls, pre-recorded calls, SMS or MMS text messages.
- 4.2. Submitted Content. Participants may provide us with comments and feedback concerning our Site generally. By communicating with us for these purposes, you may provide us with your email address and other Personally Identifiable Information. In these instances, we use any information you provide to us strictly for the purposes for which you submitted the information.
- 4.3. Informational Notices and Bulletins. Periodically, we may choose to send news, bulletins, marketing materials or other information to Participants, and will use Personally Identifiable Information you provide to send such communications. If we choose to undertake such communications, you will have the ability to opt out of receiving these communications as provided in Section 8 (Changing or Removing Information; Opting Out).
- 4.4. Communications to Us. If you submit information through our "Contact Us" page, send us an email with questions, comments or requests for additional information, or if you include your Personally Identifiable Information when providing us with feedback about our Site, we may use your email address and other Personally Identifiable Information included in your correspondence to respond to you.
- 5. Anonymous, Aggregate Information. We use Anonymous Information to analyze the effectiveness of our Site, to improve our Services and for other purposes. In addition, from time to time, we may undertake or commission statistical and other summary analyses of the general behavior and characteristics of users participating in our Services and the characteristics of visitors at our Site, and may share Anonymous Information with third parties, including Advertisers. Rest assured, though, that Anonymous Information provided to third parties will not allow anyone to identify you, or determine anything personal about you. We may collect Anonymous Information through features of the software that supports our Services, through cookies and through other means described below.
- 5.1. Life Insurance Calculator. Participants may use tools available on the Website to obtain suggestions for life insurance coverage. To use such tools, you may have the option of inputting income, debt, expense, asset, insurance coverage and other, similar information ("User Calculator Information"). We will not collect Personally Identifiable Information in connection with User Calculator Information and we will not combine any User Calculator Information with any Personally Identifiable Information you may otherwise provide to us. We will not store or otherwise retain any User Calculator Information once you close your browser window.
- 5.2. IP Addresses; Logs. USI may automatically receive and record information in our server logs from your browser, including your IP address (the Internet address of your computer), your computer's name, the type and version of your web browser, referrer addresses and other generally-accepted log information. We may also record page views (hit counts) and other general statistical and tracking information, which will be aggregated with that of other users in order to understand how our Website is being used, and for security and monitoring purposes. None of this data contains Personally Identifiable Information.
- 5.3. Cookies. A cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes an anonymous unique identifier, which is sent to your browser from a website's computers and stored on your computer's hard drive. Cookies can be used to provide you with a tailored user experience and to make it easier for you to use a website upon a future visit. We may include cookies on our Website and use them to recognize you when you return to our Website. You may set your browser so that it does not accept cookies. Cookies must be enabled on your web browser, however, if you wish to access certain personalized features of our Site or Services.
- 5.5. Click-Throughs. We may send email messages, which use a "click-through URL" linked to content on our Website. When you click one of these URLs, you pass through our web server before arriving at the destination web page. We track this click-through data to help determine interest in particular topics and measure the effectiveness of our communications. If you prefer not to be tracked simply do not click text or graphic links in the email, or notify us in accordance with Section 8 (Changing or Removing Information; Opting Out).
- 7. We Do Not Disclose Site-Directed, Personally Identifiable Information to Unaffiliated Third Parties; Limited Exceptions. We will not disclose your Personally Identifiable Information to unaffiliated third parties without your express consent, except in the following limited circumstances:
- 7.1 USI Site Vendors. We may employ other companies to perform functions on our behalf, such as hosting or maintaining the Website, providing services related to the Site, collecting information, responding to and sending electronic mail or other functions necessary to our business. We may need to share your Personally Identifiable Information with these companies (collectively, "Site Vendors"). We will provide Site Vendors with only that information necessary to perform their functions, and we will take steps to prevent them from using your Personally Identifiable Information for any other purpose.
- 7.2 ABA Partner Agencies. USI and the ABA may partner with insurance agents or providers to provide the Website and the products offered via the Website ("Partner Agencies"). We may share the Personally Identifiable Information you provide to us with such Partner Agencies to the extent necessary to respond to your specific requests for information.
- 7.4 Legal. USI may reveal your Personally Identifiable Information to the extent we reasonably believe we are required to do so by law. If we receive legal process calling for the disclosure of your Personally Identifiable Information we will attempt to notify you via the email address you supplied during registration within a reasonable amount of time before we respond to the request, unless such notification is not permitted.
- 8. Changing or Removing Information; Opting Out.
- 8.1. Discretionary Account Information. To allow appropriate control over Personally Identifiable Information, you can access your account (after supplying your user name and password) to change or update discretionary information that you have previously submitted.
- 8.2. Opt-Out. If we choose to send to you bulletins, updates or other unsolicited communications that are marketing-related materials, we will provide you with the ability to decline – or "opt-out of" – receiving such communications. Instructions for opting-out will be provided if and when we determine to send you such a communication. Please understand that you will not be allowed to "opt-out" of formal notices concerning operation of this Website, and legal and other related notices concerning your relationship to the Site.
- 8.3. Deleting Information. Finally, if you request, we will remove your name and all other Personally Identifiable Information from our databases. Please understand, however, that it may be impossible to remove this Information completely, due to backups and records of deletions. In addition, please understand that, if you request deletion of your information, you will be unable to utilize associated features of the Website and any associated Services. You may not remove de-identified, anonymous or aggregate data from our databases.
- 9. Security. We have put in place security systems designed to prevent unauthorized access to or disclosure of Personally Identifiable Information you provide to us, and we take all reasonable steps to secure and safeguard this Information. Our Site's password-protected section requires users to give us unique identifiers such as their user name and password. USI employees are required to acknowledge that they understand and will abide by our policies with respect to the confidentiality of Personally Identifiable Information. Additionally, we ensure that USI's Site Vendors' security policies are at least as protective of your information as our policy. Moreover, we provide access to our databases containing Personally Identifiable Information on a need-to-know basis only.
Our security systems are therefore structured to deter and prevent hackers and others from accessing information you provide to us. We also use software programs to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage. Please understand, though, that this information should not be construed in any way as giving business, legal or other advice, or warranting as fail proof, the security of information provided by or submitted to USI. Due to the nature of Internet communications and evolving technologies, we cannot provide, and disclaim, assurance that the information you provide us will remain free from loss, misuse or alteration by third parties who, despite our efforts, obtain unauthorized access.
- 10. Participation by Children and Teens; Advisory. Due to federal law (as reflected in the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act), WE DO NOT ALLOW INDIVIDUALS WHO WE KNOW ARE UNDER 13 TO PARTICIPATE IN OUR SITE OR SERVICES. YOU MUST BE AT LEAST 13 YEARS OLD TO USE OUR SITE AND SERVICES. IF YOU ARE BETWEEN 13 AND THE APPLICABLE AGE OF MAJORITY, PLEASE REVIEW THIS AGREEMENT WITH YOUR PARENT OR GUARDIAN. Please understand that we cannot necessarily tell if a user is providing us with his or her true age.
- 11. Notice to California Residents. If you are a California resident, California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits you to request information regarding the disclosure of your Personally Identifiable Information by USI to third parties for the third parties' direct marketing purposes. As described above, we do not disclose users' Personally Identifiable Information to third parties for direct marketing purposes. Nevertheless, if you wish to make such a request, please send an email to or write us at:
Attention: Jo Ann Coughlin, Vice President
Mail: 321 N. Clark Street, Chicago IL 60654
- 12. Do Not Track Notice. Certain web browsers allow consumers to enable "do not track" signals through which a consumer can signal to websites and online services whether the consumer approves of the collection of personally identifiable information about its online activities over time and across third-party websites and online services. USI does not respond to "do not track" signals.
- 15. Further Resources. If you wish further information concerning privacy policies in general, you should visit the following sites: http://www.ftc.gov/privacy/index.html.
321 N. Clark Street
Chicago, IL 60654
COPYRIGHT AND LEGAL NOTICE.
Copyright ©2017 USI Affinity, Inc. All Rights Reserved.